Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Vacation Countdown

I haven't taken a vacation in about three years and haven't been to the beach in fifteen. I don't think I've been this excited about a vacation in like...ever. 

My sister is already there with a friend and from what i hear much shopping has already ocurred. Bitches. Can't believe they went shopping without me. :P

The scramble to get work wrapped up so i can get the fuck out of here has been muy loco and i keep having to make lists of things i can't forget to do... like renew my driver's license which expires tomorrow. Ooops. I ran down to the DMV yesterday but of course they had just instituted new hours and were now closed on mondays, effective yesterday. Groan.

I'm planning on making this my catchup year, where I take off more time to just fucking enjoy life. Heading to Savannah to meet up with a close friend at the end of the month. Going to Santa Fe in July or August to revel in the arts, and then meeting up with friends at an arts festival in North Carolina in October. If I can swing the money I also plan on popping over to LA in December or January and visiting friends there. Hopefully next year I can make it over to europe. 

Yup. I have lots of lost vacationing to make up for. 
Starting tomorrow. And it is funny, i usually dread birthdays but this year, because of the beach and promises of copious amounts of alcohol (WTF is Swampwater anyhoo?) i'm actually looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...Can't believe they went shopping without me. :P..."

Perhaps they were getting you your secret Birthday gifts?

Lakota said...

Ohhhhhh secret prezzie surprises? As long as it isn't one of those potpourri candles. Getting one of those says "i had to get you something but can't remember a single thing you like so here's a smelly candle." :P