Saturday, June 6, 2009

Just Enough...

It is funny how vacations make you glad to come back home. I mean, I didn't want to leave the beach - it was great fun and more relaxing than anything i've experienced in way too long... but i was so very, very glad to pull into my driveway this afternoon. If the condo had been extended another day, i most certainly would have stayed longer - but it IS nice to come home and have a day to collect myself before hitting the work world running on monday.

I loved the 2 mile walks on the beach i did each day, with company and alone. Different experiences. Alone I found myself being more fanciful with my environment. A dead tree washed ashore became bones the ocean had vomited forth. The sea foam which undulated like a living creature reminded me of the legends of mermaids and how they became foam when they hit the shore. I could see how such myths were born. The snakey weaving of sand that blew in ocean-like waves about an inch above the compacted sand base fascinated me. And the sun breaking threw the storm clouds and setting the water aflame had me frozen and basking in the amazing visuals.

Living in the city, i think we sometimes forget these amazing things that can been seen when we step out of the concrete and onto the sand. I feel reconnected ... maybe just a little... but the thread that ties me to the planet is definitely more vibrant than it was before my trip to the beach.



No comments: